This month is National Smile Month to help raise awareness to families and young children on:
- Brushing your teeth last thing at night and on at least one other occasion with family fluoride toothpaste
- Cutting down on how much sugary food and drink you have, and to keep to mealtimes
- Visiting your dentist regularly, as often as they may recommend
- 96% of dentists believe lockdown has negatively impacted the UK’s oral health.
- 55% of British adults feel they have neglected their teeth during lockdown.
- 24% of British adults have been using online remedies to treat their oral health instead of seeking advice from the dentist
- 84% of the population could be at increased risk of tooth decay
Please have a look at the document below for tips on how to maintain your oral health: